support unicef support unicef

[please login to make this ad block disappear]

TOPIC: wavesport ezg

wavesport ezg 16 years 7 months ago #17588

• virginia
  • Grom Boarder
I have a wavesport diesel 65 and i love it but now i'm looking for more of a river runner/playboat. I'm thinking about the ezg 42 or 50 or the jackson 2 fun. I am 5'7\" and 135 lbs. I'm leaning toward the ezg but I kind of fall in between the specs for the 42 and 50. I've not been able to find eiher one to demo. I have paddled the 2Fun and I like it but I'm partial to wavesport because of the diesel. Anyone have any thoughts?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:wavesport ezg 16 years 7 months ago #17599

• mtf
  • Junior Boarder
I can't say much about the jacksons except people highly recommend them, but have paddled the ezg 42 i am 5'8 and 130 and found that it fit quiet well. It was really easy to roll and I sat lower in it than I had in most boats since i was closer to the top weight. I found this to be a plus cause it is easier to throw around. So it is all what you are comfortable about in a boat and what you want to do.
anyway good luck looking

Re:wavesport ezg 16 years 5 months ago #18348

• Rockyrider
  • Junior Boarder
I'd have to say that I have an ezg 42 and LOVE it. i am 5'4'' and 130lbs so it is a really good fit. It is fun to surf waves on, moves really well even in class IV and is very easy to roll. I have not tried the jackson 2fun so i cant give you any advice on that but i think wavesport is a really good company. I like the outfitting as well in my boat- I can always adjust something while i'm on the river that immediately makes a difference. I found mine for a great price on ebay so i got a brand new boat 2 years ago for a used price. Good luck with your search, hope this helped..

lauren

Re:wavesport ezg 16 years 5 months ago #18370

• Kelli
  • Junior Boarder
I also have a Diesel 65 that I love! I'm 5'6\" 140. My first boat was a 2 Fun, I just sold it a few weeks ago to buy a Star. I've been super impressed with the Jackson boats, they fit well, hold up well, and make paddling seem effortless. The 2 Fun is a very versitile boat. I used it from learning to roll, to big water spring run-off, surfing, class IV, learning to bow stall and cartwheel. One of the gals I paddle with has an EZG. I paddled it a couple times and found that it wasn't nearly as easy to throw around. So I guess I would say if you're wanting to have a river runner that's is a stable but capable playboat, go with the 2 fun. If you're looking for more of a river runner that you can surf, go with the EZG.

Re:wavesport ezg 16 years 5 months ago #18378

• virginia
  • Grom Boarder
Thanks for all the great comments. I still haven't found an ezg to demo but it sounds like I can't go wrong with either the wavesport or the jackson. Kelli, do you know if your friend,s ezg was a 42 or a 50? and how did it fit you?

Re:wavesport ezg 16 years 5 months ago #18394

• Kelli
  • Junior Boarder
She has the 42 and it fit, it just felt bigger then the 2 Fun even though the EZG has less volume, probably because of the longer bow. I like the volume placement on the 2 Fun a little better. I had a classic 2 fun, so those are a little smaller then the new funs, too. Did you try the 2007 2 Fun or an older model? Where are you located, is there not a WS dealer near you?

Re:wavesport ezg 16 years 5 months ago #18421

• virginia
  • Grom Boarder
I paddled a friend's classic 2 Fun and have not yet tried the 2007 2 Fun, although I did sit in one and it felt bigger than the classic. I liked the boat but I am an older paddler (51) and not as aggressive as I used to be (bad shoulders). Part of the reason I bought the Diesel 65 a few years ago when I was getting back into boating, was that it seemed safe and stable and it has proven to be just that. But now I need something just a little more fun and challenging that I can play with:D There is a Wavesport dealer in Asheville where I live and other dealers near here, but I started looking for a demo near the end of summer and haven't been able to find a 42 or a 50(not even a new one to sit in).
I don't paddle that much in the colder months so at this point I may be waiting until spring to look at boats again.
Thanks again for your input.

Re:wavesport ezg 16 years 5 months ago #18430

• Kelli
  • Junior Boarder

Re:wavesport ezg 16 years 5 months ago #18433

• cstaffor
  • Grom Boarder
I have not paddled any Jackson kayaks even though I have heard good things.
I went from an ez to paddling an ezg and absolutely love it. Wavesport in my opinion has the most comfortable outfitting that I have tried. The ezg weighs less than the ez, is shorter so it surfs and gets on waves and in holes more efficiently but you still feel stable and it is fast. I don't like a boat that I have to be fighting the river the entire time which I think happens when you go to a stubby playboat that is under your weight range. Being a lady I can not muscle and throw down a boat even though I bought a kingpin once to just do that and I still couldn't do it. I'm 5'5 and 140 and I have the ezg 50.
I love my pyranha h3 and that is what I paddle on creeks. I just wish it weighed less b/c it is kind of a monster to carry.
Good luck.
Christy
Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Surfrider Foundation
See the AUP for our Acceptable Use Policy and a Privacy Statement. Verein Playak is responsible for all editorial content on this site (including all graphics). No part of this site may be duplicated in any way without explicit permission from Verein Playak. Verein Playak takes great care to only publish original content, but since part of the content is user generated, we cannot always guarantee this 100%. If you notice any copyright violations, please let the editors know through the contact form and they will take appropriate action immediately. As a news and information platform, we republish small text snippets and thumbnail images, but always link to original content on other sites, and thus aim to adhere to a 'Fair Use' policy. If you believe we violate this policy in any particular case, please contact us directly and we'll take appropriate action immediately.